NOTE: We have a newer and sexier revision of Watchduino, including Bluetooth connectivity, and a better look and feel. Check it out!
WatchDuino is an open hardware project that combines inexpensive electronic components and a complex Arduino (C++) code to build a useful and reprogrammable smart watch.
The code and the components have been optimized after a lot of prototypes to provide a rich set of features with a small and cheap battery that can last more than a week without recharging. A lot of electronic and software engineering was required to make this project possible.
- Time and date (analog and digital output)
- Alarm / Countdown (with custom music)
- Pong (1 vs com)
- Rechargeable battery (by USB)
- Battery meter
- Low-battery mode (it can last 2 years with 240mAh battery)
- Built-in screen light
- Compact design
- Framework-like architecture to easily program custom screens
- ATMega 328
- Crystal oscillator (16Mhz)
- LiPo battery (240mAh)
- Nokia 5110 LCD screen